Saturday, July 24, 2010

It was a good day

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God,
I don't know but today seems kind of odd...

On Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 at 5:37pm Christian Joe Saldana was born: 8 lbs 4oz and 19.5 inches.
Christian's amniotic fluid was low so the doctor scheduled a C-section on Kristen for 5pm. A few minutes before 5:00 we were waiting for the doctor to arrive when suddenly an earthquake which turned out to be a 5.4. NOW TALK ABOUT A BIG ENTRANCE!!!
I had mentioned to Kristen that the song "For Once In My Life" should be our family song since I feel the lyrics really express how I feel about my new family. Well, Kristen was walked into the operating room and guess which song was playing on the radio? Yup, I know... she immediately teared up - she felt that it was perfect that that song was playing when she walked in the room where we would actually become a family of three. I was terrified when I saw her on the operating table but at the same time super excited for what was coming up.
Christian was born and it's amazing how I feel. I can't even describe it. It's the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. I've spent the last two weeks home with Christian and Kristen and we have been trying to adjust. Christian is on European time so we are trying to get him turned around.

On July 7th, 2010 the world changed...
I gotta say it was a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment