Monday, December 27, 2010

Top Cat and Snowboarding

It's been a while since my last post... didn't really know what to write. I've been spending most of my time with Christian - which I love and I wish Kristen spent as much time as I do with him. He is a pretty awesome kid and thank God he's been super healthy so far.

Let's see... what's been going on...


I never posted this video I made of when I found out I was going to be a dad. I was so excited that I made an announcement video:




I've been getting fat... yup... time to hit the gym:



I had Lasik surgery in September and now my vision is 20-10. Waaaaaay better than expected.
This year I've been into playing poker online and with friends... good times.
Speaking of friends, my buddy Ed is going to El Salvador on a Peace Corps assignment for over 2 years... that f***er is leaving me!

My best friend Aaron turned 40 this past October... Oh, he old... I'm almost there.
To celebrate his b-day I made a little video of things he's done since he was born. I wrote the lyrics based on stuff he did/happened to him in chronological order. My singing is awful but I tried:




Back in the day my buddy Aaron and I had a band, "Big MF". We wrote and recorded some songs together but we never released them.
In November we released 2 albums (English and Spanish versions) on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon and all the other major online music retailers.
Christian is on the CD cover. He's not crying, he's rocking out ;)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/so-cal-c-n/id400931795
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cambios/id401098026





This Christmas I have a lot to be thankful for so, here is another cheesy video:



My awesome wife gave me a 15" MacBook Pro laptop for Christmas, loaded with upgrades and everything. A VERY COOL present. I've been wanting that laptop for a VERY long time. Her parents gave me a six-pack pass to Mountain High to go snowboarding... Man, I am spoiled! Christian is too, he got lots of presents for his first Christmas.


Every morning when Christian wakes up, he looks at me and/or his mom and gets this genuinely happy, huge smile as if he hasn't seen us in months... It's my favorite time of the day. He seems to be a very happy kid and I hope he stays that way. I LOVE THAT LITTLE DUDE!
He laughs when I beatbox and bangs his arms on his belly trying to keep up with the beat.
He started eating solids on Christmas Day and loves Gerber organic pea puree.
He loves watching football. We've been watching the Smurfs and the World Series of Poker together... fun times.
I've become a pro at changing diapers.

I remember watching the "Top Cat" cartoon as a kid... maybe Christian will like it too.

Finally got to spend some quality time with the wife... watched The Fighter. Damn good movie.

Still trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents... I'm up to twenty-nine cents... will keep on trying.


Food for thought:
Great song "Patience" by Damian Marley & Nas:



The very awesome lyrics:
Some of the smartest dummies
Can’t read the language of Egyptian mummies.
They fly to the moon
But can’t find food for the starving tummies.
Pay no mind to the youths
Cause it’s not like the future depends on it,
But save the animals in the zoo
Cause the chimpanzee will make them big money.

This is how the media pillages
On the TV the picture is savages in villages.
And the scientist still can’t explain the pyramids.

Evangelists making a living on the videos of ribs of the little kids
Stereotyping the image of the images
And this is what the image is.

You buy khaki pants
And all of a sudden you're Indiana Jones
And then thief out gold and thief out the scrolls and even the buried bones.
Some of the worst paparazzis I’ve ever seen and I ever known
Put the worst on display so the world can see
And that’s all they will ever show.

So the ones in the west
Will never move east
And feel like they could be at home.
They get tricked by the beast
But where are they going to flee when the monster is fully grown?
Solomonic linage where they still can’t defeat and them coulda never clone
My spiritual DNA is printed in my soul and I will forever Own Lord.


We're born not knowing, are we born knowing all?
We're growing wiser, are we just growing tall?
Can you read thoughts? Can you read palms?
Can you predict the future? Can you see storms coming?

The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall off
Now the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laugh.
The average man can’t prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak of
And still won’t research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of.

Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they’re smart and cunning
Tell them to find a cure when we sneeze and that’s when their nose start running.
And the rich get stitched up, when we get cut
Man will heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mud.

Can you read signs? Can you read stars?
Can you make peace? Can you fight war?
Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huh?
Can you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

Sabali. Patience is worth everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment